Saturday, January 3, 2009

Frugal

In August we turned off our Directv service and went without the tube for a few months. It saved us $50+ a month and helped us put some money aside for Christmas expenses. However, with the new move to digital tv next month (and my own love of college football bowl games and college basketball) we turned the satellite service back on yesterday. While I'm pleased to have my football and basketball again, I just hate spending so much on television each month! We honestly don't watch the tube much at all during the week.

Anyway, I need some frugal ideas on how to save that $50 in other ways. Anyone got a great tip for me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure about saving, but this Christmas I bought our presents with money I earned selling stuff on Craig's List. My neighbors were getting rid of stuff and I offered to take it off their hands. I earned about $300 within a couple weeks. It was so fun. My new hobby I think...

Alma Mcve said...

What if you just go with basic cable? It's gives you all your main channels like abc, nbc, fox, espn, and other cool channels like discovery, hgtv, and hallmark! We've got comcast and we don't even spend $16 a monthfor that! But we get to watch all the college football games and basketball games on weekends and there's plenty of NFL games too! It's perfect for not spending lots of money but you get more than just your basic channels:)

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?