Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Facebook Tag: 25 Random Things

I got a couple of tags recently from my cousin Steph and my friend Elizabeth on Facebook: 25 random things.

So here goes:

1) On the day I was to be brought home from the hospital, my brother was allowed to choose which new family member should be picked up first -- baby sis or the new puppy. I didn't come home first.
2) My 7 year old, Zachary, was supposed to be Madalyn Nicole. Everything was pink. Then he arrived and my nurse said, "Ummmm sweetie, this is NOT a Madalyn!"
3) My 3 year old, Alec, was a scheduled C-section delivery. I was so incredibly miserable at the end of that pregancy that I BEGGED my doctor to deliver him on a Friday instead of the next Monday. He laughingly agreed and said I was dooming my child to a lifetime of b-day jokes. Why? The date I chose was April Fool's Day. Yep, my clown child.
4) I love chocolate milk shakes with french fries.
5) I love footie pajamas. I think they are adorable on my children.
6) I always said I would marry a musician. I did.
7) I fell in love with Camp Blue Haven as a teenager. I fell in love at Camp Blue Haven as a 21 year old.
8) My hair is naturally curly.
9) I'm only 5'2" but I wear a size 9 in shoes. Isn't that weird?
10) My secret desire is to move to the Lake District in England and open my own bookshop.
11) My secret desire (#10) is no longer a secret.
12) I've written my first novel, Cloud Shadow, and am hoping to have it fully edited by this summer so that I can start sending it to book agents.
13) I love my job. Seriously. It is awesome.
14) I think my husband is totally cute.
15) I wish I could lose about 30 pounds. Today.
16) I like my eye color. It's a pretty blue.
17) I like cats. We have two kitties: Molly Rainbow and Oliver Whiskers.
18) I can't drive a stick shift. A couple of different boys from Wynnewood High tried to teach me but it just never sunk in.
19) I'd like to have another child simply because I have so many cute baby names in my head.
20) I'm an overachiever.
21) I'm also lazy at times. Is this an oxymoronic idea: lazy overachiever?
22) I want to take a photography class.
23) I was the editor of my college newspaper.
24) I kissed five frogs before I found my prince.
25) I believe in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Which of my 25 things did you know or not know?

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Your #1 is funny. I bet you never let your brother froget that! I didn't know about your future book shop in the Lake District. Can I come work for you?? I am pleased with how many of these we have in common. I too am a "lazy overachiever" and wish they made footie pajamas for grown-ups. :)

Maria R. said...

What a fun list. Actually alot of new things I learned. I always tell people you thought your first born was a girl and then you got a fun surprise!!!! I liked reading these, thanks for sharing. I am working on my list!

Sara said...

I didn't know about your secret to own a book shop.....good idea!

Anonymous said...

I am glad I'm not the only one who can't drive a stick shift! I am addicted to these lists. Funny how something so simple can be so entertaining. I miss you, too! (That is in response to a message you left me on FB). I would come to Memphis in a heartbeat for a girls' weekend if you moved back there! I actually miss Memphis. Rachel (Hundley) lived there 1998-2002, and I visited her there many times and always had fun. I don't think Memphis is as bad as its reputation... people here in middle TN call it the armpit of Tennessee, so it doesn't really have the best reputation here. Nashville snobs, I guess!
Love, Anna

Robin said...

Love the Lake District. Didn't know you did, too! I knew about Zachary's sex being a major shock...I have told MANY people about it. :) I'd love to hear your cute baby names...right now we're deep in middle name discussions. :)

RAK

Lara said...

I want to read your book!!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?