Wednesday, January 14, 2009

By dose iz topped up

Well. . . Zach is feeling better. His fever broke early this morning. Now he's just incredibly snotty and has a cough. I'm keeping him home again today. It's definitely going to be a couch and movie kind of day.

Zach's fever broke about the same time as my fever arrived. Definitely not on my list of to-dos for the day. Wednesdays are supposed to be my lesson planning/grading days. Not terribly optimistic about that.

Things I need to complain about, just because I'm feeling cranky:

Why is it that when I'm sick. . .
the fridge is suddenly bare?
the tissue boxes are suddenly empty?
the kitchen is suddenly a total mess?
the laundry is suddenly struggling to overcome the limits of its baskets?
the orange juice has gone bad?
there are no more grown-up cold meds in the house?

Why. . . why . . . why?!

Okay, thanks for letting me rant and stomp my foot on the blog floor. :-)

5 comments:

Sara said...

I hear ya! No fun when momma is sick! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Kathryn said...

I know the answer! It's because Mommy fills the fridge, buys the tissues, straightens up the house, cleans the cloths and just generally makes the world a better place. Hope you are feeling better!

Jenna said...

So sorry! I hope you are better soon (and that you don't share with the other 2).

Cara said...

So sorry to hear that you're sick. Hope you feel better soon. Then you can go get the groceries, clean the kitchen,and do the laundry. Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. I am about to schedule my tonsillectomy for early February and my biggest fear is not the pain, but watching my house crumble around me while I can do nothing...and hoping the kids survive.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?