Friday, January 30, 2009

Fundamentally Fun

What's everyone doing these days for entertainment? Any new toys or activities that your family is really enjoying?

I have the wintertime blahs and I need something FUN to do. We're actually planning a family weekend trip for the Saturday after Valentine's Day. We're going to Astoria, Oregon. Wow, I know, you've never heard of it! Me either, frankly. But Mike spent time there last year on one of his tours and he said it was very pretty. It's on the coast and has a nice beach, but it also has a pretty river, the Columbia, that passes through. Anyway, our budget is small and Astoria fits the financial restrictions. We're going to stay in a hotel, go swimming (inside of course), walk on the beach, see a couple of museums, eat out, and ride on the town's trolley. It sounds like just the thing we need to perk us up and help me survive the winter here.

We're also starting Zachary in karate and we have a couple of birthday parties to plan. Alec will be four on April 1 and Zach will be 8 on April 10.

What's in your immediate or not-too-distant future?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Astoria is nice. I have been there once while passing through Oregon. As for stuff to do? Not sure. We went to the park while it wasn't freezing yesterday. We also like to take the kids to the SK pool for open swim. It is $7 per family. Pretty cheap. Have fun on your trip!

Sara said...

I always have a hard time coming up with fun stuff to do in the winter. Story time at the library is one free activity.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?