Saturday, January 3, 2009

Foam sword fun: Christmas in pictures #1



The boys got foam swords from Poppa Jim for Christmas. These $2 toys were probably the big hit of the season. They could whack each other all day long and never get hurt. They were also versatile toys that happily adjusted to whatever the imagination demanded: pirates, soldiers, knights, or even Star Wars guys. It was all good.




My favorite moment regarding the foamy swords was when Alec yelled, "I'm god! I'm god, Zach!" It took me a moment but after observing Alec's posture I realized he meant to say, "En gard" (my French is rusty so I'm unsure of the spelling). They had watched a Tom and Jerry episode earlier that day in which the mouse and cat fought with swords and said "en gard" many times. Alec was imitating. I had to try to explain why yelling "I'm god" was wrong on a couple of different levels.











Anyway, enjoy the pics.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Poppa Jim is a smart man with the foam swords!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?