Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Finally: Home after more than two weeks

I can't tell you how lovely it is to be sitting in my comfy chair in my very messy house this New Year's Eve. After more than 12 hours of traveling we finally made it home at about 8:30 this evening. I'm pooped. The boys did great and the air travel was about as pain free as air travel gets. I made it through two flights without being pooped on or puked on and, frankly, for a mom who travels frequently with young children in tow -- no puke/poop means a great flight.

Mike prayed that this would be the last time that we would have to fly home for Christmas. I tell you the truth, after seven years of flying home each Christmas, we're definitely ready to be close enough to drive.

I'm too tired to do much of anything tonight. Both of the boys are in bed and Mike just went to the convenience store down the street because the cupboards and the fridge are bare.

I don't think I can manage the emotional or physical energy to unpack anything tonight. Thankfully I have clean pjs in my dresser and my toothbrush/toothpaste are in the bathroom. No need to unpack anything tonight! It'll still be here in the morning.

The fact that it is New Year's Eve seems so minor to me tonight. I'm just so very thankful to be safely home, in my warm house, with my boys tucked into their beds. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new year and that is wonderful, but more important to me at this moment is that tomorrow I will wake up in my own bed. Aahhhhhh. I love my soft, comfortable, pillow-topped wonder of a bed. In fact, I think it's time for a quick shower to wash away the grime of travel and then I plan to sink into that heavenly softness.

I'm home!

2 comments:

Cara said...

I'm glad you made it back home safe and sound. Happy New Year, friend!

Sara said...

Home...one of my favorite words. Glad you are back, sissy!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?