Wednesday, December 3, 2008

This is me today. I'm grading papers. Wait, let's be more specific. I'm grading 51 research papers that are between 4 and 6 pages in length. Wait, let's be more specific than that. I'm grading 51 research papers by college students who are as emotionally DONE as they can possibly be with this academic quarter!







This is me today.


Actually that really isn't me. I'm not that thin and I don't have dark brown hair and I'm wearing a red shirt and khaki pants. . . but you get the idea.

I'm just taking a quick rant and rave break before getting back to work. I think my main problem is that I cannot seem to grade quickly. I've been working on this for the last three years and I'm still a slow poke. It's not that I read slowly, rather that I spend WAY too much time writing comments on the papers. I frustrate myself.

Anyway! What are you doing today? I hope it's more fun that 51 research papers!

5 comments:

Cara said...

Well here's what we did today. When I picked Austin up from pre-school at 1 he told me a rock jump up in his ear at recess. We spent the next 1 1/2 at the doc. then the hospital. He's having surgery tomorrow! UGH! He's my first baby to be "put under". Not looking forward to tomorrow! Hope the grading is going super fast!

Sara said...

I am eating chocolate ice cream and relaxing after a day filled with chasing Grant boy and entertaining Princess Leia!

Kathryn said...

As someone who dreaded getting writing assignments back without any feedback marked on them at all, I'd venture to say that some (most?) of your students appreciate the extra time you put in to it. Well, maybe they don't right now, but the next time they write a little bit better, they will. :)

Anonymous said...

I went baby boutique shopping with Melia for her shower gifts....so fun!!! Ya know she is miss natural girl and is going for cloth diapering this time...

Robin said...

I might miss teaching occasionally, but I NEVER miss grading papers. I feel for you. Hope it goes quickly and you get a few laughts here and there. I remember reading a paper an 8th grader had basically printed straight from the Internet. It was a pretty dead giveaway that she didn't even bother to change the different color inks.

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?