Sunday, November 30, 2008

Festive and fun


We had a great Thanksgiving break. Food, family, fun, and festivities. Lots of great F words packed into one long weekend. Fabulous. :-)

After the turkey, we got out the Christmas decorations, strung the lights and decorated the tree. Everything looks so festive and fun. I adore this time of year.

We also made Rice Crispy Treat Houses this weekend, in lieu of the Gingerbread variety. It was easy, stress free, and the boys loved it. I highly recommend this little activity if you happen to run across one of the kits on a store shelf.





On Friday I braved the madness and ventured forth into the great insanity of Black Friday Shopping. Yikes. . . and double yikes. But I came home with lots of goodies and we now have a Christmas tree with gifts that are wrapped and looking oh-so-inviting beneath it. Of course, this has caused some confusion and delay (for those of you who know the Thomas the Tank engine lingo) with Alec since his ability to understand time is -- shall we say -- limited. He saw presents under the tree on Saturday morning. He thought Santa had come. It was tricky and took some fancy talking on my part, but I think he's now aware that Christmas is still some time away.
In our household we celebrate the Christ for which Christmas is named. We also celebrate the magic that is Christmas and Santa and all things joyful and good. I wish you all joy and goodness during this special time of year.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a wonderful photo of you and Mike! Glad you survived the Friday shopping. I love going out in all the excitement of it all, too!

Sara said...

I like the rice krispy house. We did the gingerbread house this year and let's just say it takes a bit of patience and reading the directions several times!!

Cara said...

Sweet pic of your boys! Do they ever argue? Mine seem to do it more often than I want! Love the rice krispy idea. Too bad Kent already bought our gingerbread house kit :) This was the first year in 5 yrs. that I wasn't able to shop on black Friday :( I couldn't talk Kent into being my runner while I stayed with the buggy. Oh well, maybe next year!

Maria said...

What fun pics and sounds like you had a very fun time. I will have to try the rice krispy treat house idea.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?