Saturday, November 1, 2008

Family time in Oklahoma

The boys and I are back from our quick trip to Oklahoma. While we were there, they enjoyed cow-boying with Poppa Jim. They did some tree climbing, some horse swinging, some cow-feeding, some running and a lot... a LOT of playing.

I was fairly relieved to find my mom in about the same condition she was in this summer. The only major change I saw was a new compulsion to pick at her skin. She has developed sores on her arms, hands, and scalp from this unconscious need to scratch and pick. It is a frustrating new trait because she is incapable of stopping herself from doing it. She had a couple of bad days while we were there, but the last three days she was aware of the boys and had a lot of fun playing with them. For that, I'm very thankful that we went home.

We'll be going back for a week at Christmas. I'm so ready to live closer to home. It is very difficult for me to leave and come back to Washington after seeing how much help my dad needs with her. Please keep them both in your prayers. Alzheimers is a hateful, dreadful disease.

On a happier note, I got some sweet pics of the boys and I'll share a few here.































2 comments:

Sara said...

I bet the boys love being outdoors with all the animals and spending time with your dad. Looks like a fun time!

Robin said...

I was sorry to learn of your mom's struggle. That must be an incredibly painful experience for all of you. I will be praying. Your boys are adorable and I enjoy reading of their latest antics...not to mention hearing your most recent thoughts!

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?