Thursday, November 27, 2008

For Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for my sweet boys, Zachary and Alec. I am thankful for their giggles and silliness, for their beautiful blue eyes and their sweet, pudgy hands. I am thankful for my husband, who somehow still loves me in spite of my many flaws. I am thankful for my friends, both old and new. I am thankful for my parents, both those from birth and from marriage. I am thankful for my brother, sister-in-law, and brother-in-law.

God has blessed our little family with good health and financial stability. No, we certainly aren't wealthy. But the ends seem to meet each and every month; our boys have warm clothes and decent shoes; our cars drive; our teeth are healthy; our memories are in tact. And those memories are sweet, warm, good.

I am thankful that our house is warm and that the smell of cinnamon candles makes it even warmer. I am thankful that I have walls that are covered with picture frames, and that those frames hold photos of my beautiful children. I am thankful that my pets are healthy, and that my sweet Molly kitty loves to lay beside me while I type. She keeps both my legs and my heart warm.

I am thankful that Zachary is such a smart, sweet second grader. He was chosen to play "Elf 1" in the upcoming Christmas concert. I am thankful that Alec is such a cute, charming preschooler. He and his preschool class just performed "I'm a little turkey, short and fat" to the tune of "I'm a Little Teapot" on Tuesday. It was blessedly adorable.

I am thankful that I get to teach and write. I feel extremely blessed to do what I do. I have seen marked improvement in several of my students this quarter and, frankly, it just doesn't get much better than being able to help a student become a better writer.

I am thankful for Mike. He is my soulmate, my best friend, the one I always want to see at the end of the day.

And of course, I am thankful for the life I live because of Christ. All praise, all thanks to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was sweet. I am thankful that we have you guys as friends. Happy Thanksgiving!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?