Sunday, May 31, 2009

Family

Mike's parents were in town this weekend. We only had a couple of days with them, but we made good use of our time and packed in some super fun activities. On Friday we went to the Museum of Flight in Seattle. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it (I'm not HUGE on museums that focus on things military or mobile), but it was pretty cool even for me. My guys, of course, LOVED it. I had to practically drag Mike and his dad out of the World War I era wing of the museum because Alec was so tired and hungry.

We ate at Tutta Bella in Seattle, which was YUMMY. It has authentic Naples style pizza with the wafer thin crust and the real deal in mozzarella. The menu is written in Italian. Very reasonably priced and located in a nice area. I recommend it.

On Saturday we rode the foot ferry from Port Orchard to Bremerton. We let the boys splash in the waterfountain play park again before eating lunch outside on the boardwalk. After lunch we walked over to the Turner Joy, which is a historic Navy destroyer ship. I decided to sit out on the ship tour and sat outside in the sunshine watching people and boats and birds. I was treated to a viewing of a bald eagle who soared around the warship for awhile before chasing away a seabird and landing on the very top of the ship's mast. It sat up there and called for half an hour or more while I watched. Pretty cool.

We had a good visit with Grandad and GranB.



GranB, Grandad, Mike, Zach and Alec at the Museum of Flight




Zach on the foot ferry.








The Turner Joy.

















1 comment:

Maria said...

I love your new header pic. So funny.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?