Sunday, May 24, 2009

Father, friend, ROCKER

I hope you are enjoying a nice long Memorial weekend. We were treated to a concert performed by Mike and his small ensemble Navy band yesterday in Bremerton, on the boardwalk. I am so mad at myself because I did not get many good pictures, and no decent video coverage. I'm usually much better about recording things, but somehow I got to the concert without my camera and ended up using Zach's little cheapie camera. ANYWAY, the most exciting event of the evening was when I turned away for a SPLIT second and Alec was suddenly on stage giving Mike a hug. Middle of the concert. Mike was cool, as always. He just laughingly hugged him back and then introduced Alec and Zach to the crowd. Everyone clapped for them. It was sweet. I was so appalled that I'd allowed him to get on the stage that I stood there without taking a picture of it. Aaaggghh! Anyway, we really enjoyed seeing Mike do his thing. I told him last night that I am amazed at how amazing he is. I've always been very impressed with his musical gift. But he has taken it to a whole new level in the last couple of years. He is truly GREAT! Zach and Alec have a rocker dad. :-)



Zach and Alec watching Daddy. Mike is on the far right:


















Zach, Alec, and Zach's good buddy Easton:











Mike, Zach and Alec after the concert.

2 comments:

Maria said...

One of Alec's bunny ears looks like he is going to poke Zach in the eyes. :)

That concert was great. Jon and I were SO IMPRESSED by their talent. Seriously we so enjoyed it. Tell Mike that they are really great. So glad we could make it over there.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

I kindof maybe remember this but are you all moving back to TN? to Millington? are you excited? believe me the check is nice

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?