Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fountain Fun






Today was one of the stunningly beautiful days in the Pacific Northwest that makes me say, "Okay! Yes, I do love it here. Let's stay forever." It was sunny and warm, but not even close to hot. A nice breeze coming off the water kept things completely comfortable all day, but the sun warmed the skin enough to make playing in the water a possibility.

The boys and I took the "foot ferry" to Bremerton. This is a small ferry boat that only accomodates walk-on passengers. From downtown Port Orchard to downtown Bremerton is about a 15 minute skip across the water. And today was a great day for water skipping.

We played in Bremerton's water fountain park. They had so much fun and I enjoyed watching them and doing a bit of people watching as well. There were a lot of folks walking through dressed for high school proms and there was also a wedding party getting photographed. I enjoyed it, but the beauty of the pretty dresses was completely lost on my boys.

They just wanted to play in the water. Doesn't it look like FUN?!

7 comments:

Alma Mcve said...

Ok so how do I not know where that is? I've only lived in Bremerton for 8 YEARS!!! Wow look at all the fun I've been missing out on:) HAHA I'd still go as a 16 year old!!! Looks like a blast!

Andrea said...

Aleya, it is right beside the ferry terminal in Bremerton. Between the shipyard and where you get on the ferry to ride to Seattle. It's kind of hidden but I just kept asking people on the street and we found it okay. You should definitely go!

Anonymous said...

Cool fountain park! Did your boys get stuffy noses from being in the water and need breathe right strips? Your new blog photo header is too cute!

Anna

Andrea said...

Anna! No, I'm just a bad mom who took her stuffy nosed kids to the water fountain park! Ha. Actually the nose strip pic was from last week. I'm not THAT bad of a mom. :-)

Lindsay said...

Those are the kind of days I miss about Port Orchard. It sounds like the next few days are going to be like that here in PA I LOVED that fountain area in Bremerton, too! Natalee would be old enough to enjoy it now.

Robin said...

LOVE water fun. Can you believe it's not been hot enough yet here in Dallas to splash around in any??? Crazy. But I'm not complaining since I am 40 pounds heavier than usual and not due for another 5 weeks. :)

RAK

Alma Mcve said...

YAH I definitely should go! Not only does it look like a sweet place to get soaked but it looks like a nice place to take a stroll in the summer! Thanks for telling me where it is!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?