Thursday, May 21, 2009

Random thoughts

Is there an "F" word for random thoughts? I can't come up with one. Let me know if you do.

#1: I have a new favorite quick snack. Quaker Oat Squares cereal. I only like them dry. When you put milk on them they get too soggy too quickly. But I LOVE them dry. Very satisfying and a filling snack. Recommended.

#2: I'm getting a haircut tomorrow. For the past MONTH I've been trying, in vain, to make a decision on what to do with my hair. It's driving me crazy. About a year ago I decided to grow it out. I'm not sure why I made this decision. My hair is very thick, very curly, very HOT, and very unmanagable when it is long. Plus, I'm not one of those people who looks great with her hair up in a ponytail. It makes me look 12 years old. Not really a look I'm going for. So, anyway, tomorrow at 9 a.m. I have an appointment. Between now and then I have to decide what I'm going to do. I'm thinking of going pretty short. Like chin-length? I guess we'll see.

#3: The house buying process is extremely stressful and very close to being finished. I'll have to do another post at a later date about the pitfalls of buying a home from a distance. We're supposed to close on Tuesday. Be praying about that, please?

#4: This morning while I was walking on our road, I saw a bald eagle flying high up directly over my head. It was breathtaking. I think there's a nest in one of the tallest pines along our road. Very, very cool.

Okay, I guess that's enough random-ness for today. Have a great one.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

How about fiddlefaddle? Or farrago (i.e, an assortment)? Word nerd alert. :)

I think you will love your shorter haircut when you get to steamy Memphis this summer. Take a photo!

Awesome about the bald eagle! Not so awesome about the woes of long-distance home buying. Glad it's almost behind you.

Andrea said...

You rock, Kathryn. Fiddle Faddle is the perfect "F" word. By the way, I love that you are a word nerd.

Maria said...

Not too long after I met you one time you went for a visit back home and came back with super short hair. It was so cute. You could do that again?? Bald eagles are cool. The McNatts had one in their yard the other day. As far as houses...I think any distance you are it is stressful. Hope it's all working out...

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?