Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mommy Day

Happy Mother's Day. I hope you've had a nice day with your family today. Mother's Day is rarely a full family affair in our household. Every spring the Navy sends Mike off on a last tour, trying to hit the high schools before the school year ends. He's always away from home on Mother's Day. I think it bothers him more than me. Mother's Day is a nice idea, but I don't need a special day to know that I'm blessed with a great family!

Zachary woke up this morning with a sore throat and a headache. Sniffles came along shortly thereafter. Even though Alec isn't sick, he has DECIDED that he has whatever Zach has. Because of that, this is what my boys have looked like most of the day. We're on our third movie of the afternoon!






















My sweet boys did present me with some treasures today. They both made precious clay sculptures this week. And Daddy took them shopping for other gifts before he left on his trip. I was blessed by an abundance of love (and awesome scrapbooking stuff!).




















I am blessed!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Glad you had a good day with your boys!!! Cute pics!

Robin said...

Great pics and great attitude...I totally applaud your selflessness. Your hubby is lucky you are so low-maintenance. :) I also love the idea of the Mothers' Tea that you went to...wish Clara's preschool had done something like that! Maybe next year...but probably only if I volunteer to organize it. :) Which I will NOT be doing...

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?