Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FINALLY: A Living Room Makeover

Last week Mike and I made a much needed makeover for our living room. The boys' Christmas toys had completely taken over one corner of the room and I was going a bit insane. In addition, our old TV cabinet was looking pretty sad. (Yes, we are THOSE people who only have one TV in the house and it is pitifully small.)

Anyway, we found an old, but solid wood, hutch at my new favorite junk store and brought it home. About an hour later we had an instant transformation. You can see it in pictures:

Old tevevision cabinet:
Aaagggh! Too many toys!

New TV cabinet + toy storage area:

Wow, look at that awesome drawer perfect for Imaginext guys.



Ooooh Look!




The complete transformation!







4 comments:

The Varner Family said...

I love it! I am right with you...toys and disorganization drive me crazy!

Sara said...

Good job, Andrea!! You'll have to show me your new favorite place to buy stuff! Love a good "junk" store!!

Kathryn said...

Kudos! Don't you just love a freshly organized room??? No pink slips for you! :)

Drew Stapp said...

I've been trying to convince K that I need to hang my basses on the wall. Nice to see it in action!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?