Sunday, January 31, 2010

Figure of Speech

This morning the boys were bugging Mike about playing the Wii this afternoon. He told them "probably not." Later, I told the boys that if they were really sweet and played well with each other then I would put in a good word with Daddy. Zachary said, "Okay!" Alec said, "What's the word?"

He wanted to know what that "good word" would be. I could see the wheels spinning. He was thinking, "If only I knew that good word, maybe I could always get what I want!" Silly, sweet boys.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Love it! It's so fun to hear our kids learning how language works! Clara keeps asking me things like, "What does 'We'll see' mean?" It keeps me on my toes. :)

Anonymous said...

That totally sounds like your little man. I have to love that boy. Hope you guys are doing great.
Tracy

blue pirate said...

what the heck is this site for?

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?