Monday, January 11, 2010

Fun makeover

Thanks to some Christmas money from Mike's parents (Thank you, Mikie and Dwayne!) the boys' room got a nice little makeover last week. I found this awesome hutch at an "antique" store a few miles from the house. It has become the chapter book/LEGO storage area. The boys' LEGOs were starting to drive me bonkers and this seems like a nice solution for everyone involved. Plus, it looks awesome!





The regular bookcase got a good cleaning out. I was so sad to do it, but most of the board books have been boxed up and sent to the attic. Sigh. My babies aren't babies anymore.



This is the reading corner of the room. I LOVE love LOVE having a little sofa in their room. It makes it a great place to hang out!



Hey, I posted again! Aren't you super proud of me? :-)


3 comments:

Sara said...

Very good job, Andrea. I love it! Are the beds now bunked? The couch and hutch are a great addition!!

Andrea said...

Yep. The beds are bunked again. It just gives them so much more room to play. And Zach isn't sleepwalking much anymore either. Praise the Lord for that!

Robin said...

Love the hutch! It's perfect. I think anything with cabinets/drawers is perfect for kids because the stuff is OUT OF SIGHT. :)

We just got an old armoire with doors from my parents that we're using as a toy chest. I LOVE IT!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?