Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Furry Friends (and a gap toothed grin)

My boys are big fans of stuffed animals. Alec especially loves his "sleeping buddies." Last week we went to Build a Bear Workshop to spend Christmas giftcards and to celebrate successful report cards. The boys were thrilled to see the new Star Wars outfits for their new buddies. Alec made a green frog, dressed him as Darth Vader, and called him Darth Ribbitt. Zachary made a brown bear, dressed him as a clone trooper, and named him Clone Captain Bearemy. Clever, funny boys I have. (That was a weak attempt at speaking like Yoda.)


Funny thing about my boys and Build a Bear Workshop: We've gone about seven times in the past three years. Each boy has built about seven buddies. Alec has built a frog, a tiger, a lamb, a rabbit, a kitty, a pumpkin cat, and ONE bear. Zachary has created a SIX bears and one dog. He got a bit wild and crazy one day and decided it WAS (maybe) okay to build something other than a bear at Build a BEAR. My boys are so very different in their personalities. Zach is a rule follower. Alec is. . . not. :-)




This is Alec in his pjs with his new sleeping buddy keeping him company while he works on Playhouse Disney online. This is part of our morning routine on preschool days. (Don't pay attention to my MESSY office.)


This morning Zach pulled out a tooth, so we've got another gap toothed grin! I love those silly smiles.




2 comments:

Maria said...

Wow, you have been to Build a Bear 7 times!!! We took Peyton once and spent way too much, and have gone back twice for clothes. Easton just lost one of those teeth the other day. And we sure missed Zach the other day. Easton's bday party was fun. 18 kids here total. In our house. Crazy.

Robin said...

We've never done Build-A-Bear. Sure looks like it's addicting!! I'll keep that in mind before taking Clara. :)

Your boys are precious. As you have probably figured out.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?