Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Phoooooeeee. Can't keep up!

Okay, so I'm not sure how I'm going to manage maintaining a blog! I'm struggling to stay on top of responsibilities these days. Two kids and two teaching jobs and a hubby and a household and an ailing parent are just adding up to be a LOT for me. I want to try to document the last month of our family's comings and goings, and I think the best way for me is to just upload a bunch of photos.

Zach had a wonderful Christmas musical in December. He played the part of a Christmas ornament named "Tex" who learned the true meaning of Christmas. It was a great performance and my little man showed a lot of promise as an actor! He's amazing.
We also spent time with Mike's family in Texas. FINALLY got to meet my sister-in-law to be. Buddy and Jessica have their date set for early June. The boys thought Aunt Jessica was pretty awesome.












The weather in Oklahoma was snowy and cold. Wynnewood got about 12 inches while we were there. The boys LOVED it.
I admit it was pretty and I enjoyed playing in it with my children, but it did create problems with travel and with taking care of my mom. My mom is still home; still being cared for primarily by my dad. We were able to stay about a week and help him out; I can only say that I am in awe of his stamina. I can't believe he's still managing her care alone. She is now completely home-bound. Her world revolves around a "lift" chair in the living room and a hospital bed in the adjoining piano room. While I was home she began to have issues with incontinence and I had the responsibility of braving the snow to go buy adult diapers for my mother. I was so thankful that I could be there to help my dad though. She fell once while we were there and I shudder to think of what might have happened if Mike weren't there to help get her back up. My dad's love and devotion to her leaves me speechless and in tears. He is a good man indeed.

We loved seeing my brother and sister-in-law while we were home.
The boys found some of Dad's old army digs. Wow! That was instant entertainment.




Anyway, random photos to follow. Please post or e-mail me to keep in touch!
(Zachary's got a girlfriend!)

This is a photo of my sissy's little girl with my boys! Cuties!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Girl, you've got a lot going on right now! I enjoyed catching up, though, so know that I'll keep reading as my own life allows. :) We were in Searcy over Christmas...but no snow. :(

I'm so sorry about your mom. Your dad is the epitome of "faithful." Please know I'll be praying for all of you.

Blessings in 2010,
Robin

Jenna said...

I hear you on trying to balance it all. It is quite impossible. I love reading your updates. I also love that your boys are getting to see what true love and devotion are like. What is going on with your book?

Maria said...

well I am overwhelmed and I don't hardly blog anymore either...thanks for posting pics.. the one of your parents is touching...brought tears. Z looks so grown up! God Bless you!

Kathryn said...

I'm so glad to see your post and have a minute to catch up with you. It sounds like your holidays were busy and fun!

I'm sorry about your Mom and know how tough it is to watch. Your Dad is a hero, though, and your Mom and your family are blessed to have him.

Love the photo at the top of your blog of you and your favorite elf!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?