Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Flakes of snow (please go go go)

Well. . . I think I'm ready for spring. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of snow. I really do enjoy it. And I am also a fan of the occasional snow day, both as a parent and as a teacher. However, this is our fifth snow day in the course of about a month and I'm starting to get 1) stir crazy; 2) irritated; and 3) concerned about my own students' coursework.

Believe it or not, in spite of my lofty concerns, my children are just thrilled with the snow. Yesterday's flakes were the soft, wet kind that make perfect snow balls. Today it is just too cold and too windy to enjoy, plus we haven't had any new precipitation. The really frustrating thing for me as a parent is that we are within walking distance of Zach's school, the roads are clear, and yet school is out for the day. Aaaggghhh.

Regardless. . .















1 comment:

Robin said...

Send your snow our way...I'll take a snow day with great pleasure. But I'll want it gone within 3 days. :)

Love the LR transformation!! Bet that felt good. I need to do the same in our den/playroom...

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?