Saturday, June 6, 2009

Piano Forte

Zach had his first piano recital yesterday afternoon. He did great, truly great. Mike and I are so proud of him. He memorized all FIVE of his songs and only had one little oopsie and he covered it pretty well. We recorded it, of course, so you can see for yourself.


He's been taking lessons with Ms. Katie Olson for about eight months or so. We're really going to miss her. She's been the absolute best first piano teacher. In the video she plays a couple of duets with Zach. She says something like, "Zachary has all of his pieces memorized, but I don't." (If you start wondering what she was saying.)

So, what do you think? Is my boy FABULOUS or what?!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. He's a natural, Mrs. Bishop. And so cute too!

Sarah K

Sara said...

LOVE the bow at the end!! He did great and I didn't even hear the "oopsie". I know you and Mike are soo proud! Did you cry? I always get teary at Laura's ballet recitals because I'm beaming with pride for my little girl!!

Maria said...

I showed this to Easton without telling him who it was at first...he said "how old is that kid?" I said it's Zach. Easton's eyes got big and he said "He's like WOW good". Very cute.

Andrea said...

Thanks all. He is "wow" good and I love Easton for saying that. Such a sweet boy. And yes, I did tear up a bit. Mainly I held my breath the entire 5 minutes that he played and then sighed a big relief when he was done!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?