Thursday, June 11, 2009

Final Day of Preschool

Today was Alec's last day of three/four year old preschool at Adventureland. I am amazed by how much he has evolved and matured and GROWN in the past nine months. I have truly enjoyed watching him realize that he is more than just Zachary's little brother. He has begun to approach children more freely and can now fearlessly hold a conversation with just about anyone. He knows all of his letters and their corresponding sounds. He can write his name quite well. He knows his colors and can identify numbers one to ten. He can retell a story that has been read to him almost verbatim. He can creatively invent his own stories) and those usually involve Super Kitty). :-)


He can tell jokes and jump on one foot and run backwards and make me laugh. And he can turn just about any conversation into a Scooby Do translation where every word begins with the "Rrr" sound.


That's my Alec.



Last day of preschool, June '09.
























First day of preschool in September '08.

5 comments:

Maria said...

What a smart little cutie he is.

Sara said...

Yeah, I'd say he's definitely grown this past year! He looks like such a big boy in his last day of school picture.

The Varner Family said...

Wow...he has gotten so big! It is amazing how much they change. He seems like a bright and fun little kid!

Alma Mcve said...

He has grown up so much since his first day of preschool... WOW!

Kathryn said...

How he's grown this year! Love seeing those comparison photos - such a cutie!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?