Saturday, June 27, 2009

feck·less (fěk'lĭs) adj. Lacking purpose or vitality; feeble or ineffective

Things are a bit weird around here this weekend. This is what my kitchen looks like:

























This is my dining area:















This is my living room.








The office.

You get the idea. The movers came yesterday and packed up the top floor. They'll be back on Monday to pack the basement and garage and then they'll load it all on Tuesday.



It's weird to be living in a house with nothing, and I mean nothing, that needs to be done and nothing to do. We have no dishes/pots/pans, so I can't really cook and nothing needs to be washed. We're living out of a suitcase so our laundry is nil to none, though I do still have my washer and dryer and plan to do a load this afternoon. I don't have any of my scrapbooking things so I can't scrapbook. The boys only have one small bucket of toys left out and, since they don't have much to play with, I'm not constantly picking up after them. No TV or video games. No board games and very, very few books. It's just kind of like living in limbo at the moment.



We're planning on getting out and trying to enjoy the pretty (and not hot) weather here in the summertime of the Pacific Northwest before we leave for hotter-than-Hades Memphis. Anyone have a fun family hint for helping pass the time this weekend?

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

Enjoy your last few days of cool weather - the south is blazing. We cannot go out after 10 a.m. Have a good move - I will be thinking of you :)

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?