Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Final day of 2nd grade


Yesterday was Zachary's last day of school. It was a difficult day for him. I think that everything hit him, all at once: the finality of the move, the realization that he's most likely not going to see these people again, the understanding that his life is seriously about to change. We had quite a few tears yesterday. I realize that he must come to terms with this on his own. I can't kiss it and make it all better anymore, at least not with something like this. It's hard on him and on me!

The first photo is Zach with his two best buddies from Mr. Johnson's second grade class. Of course, Alec is, as always, making himself known in the background.





Zach on the first day of 2nd grade (Sept 08)







Zach on the last day of 2nd grade (June 09)

3 comments:

Maria said...

very cute of the boys on the swing set...not sure about my boy's bathrobe...

Thanks for coming over this morning. It was good girl bonding time!

Sara said...

I like Zachary's new spiky hairdo! Very cute! It is hard time for him--extra prayers for all of you as you move. Love ya!!

Robin said...

Bless his heart...I hope the excitement of the move will soon overshadow any sadness for him. And that he'll make friends fast in TN (I'm sure YOU will!).

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?