Monday, March 23, 2009

99 and going strong

This is my 99th post. Wow. I'll have to start thinking about that 100th post soon. But today I'm writing to inform you that the boys and I are heading to Oklahoma on Wednesday to see my family. On Friday I'm leaving Zach and Alec with my dad and driving to Tennessee to begin househunting. I've got a realtor and we've got about 30 houses to see over the weekend. I'm nervous but excited. I covet your prayers that we'll find a great house in great location at a price we can afford! Mike is on tour in northern California right now. I'm missing him and I really wish he could go with us!

I also ask for your prayers for my dad as he watches the boys AND my mom for an entire weekend. She's really harder to keep under control than they are. I worry about him, but he INSISTS that I MUST leave them with him. He'd kill me if I came all the way to Oklahoma and then took the boys with me to Tennessee. He lives for our visits.

Speaking of my mom, I've been doing some research on Alzeimers and am pretty convinced that my mom is in the 6th of seven stages of the disease. I think she's quickly on her way to that seventh stage; the seventh is the stage when speech is lost and when the patient becomes completely incapable of self-care (toilet, feeding, dressing). I'm so scared about this and ask for your prayers for my mom and dad, but also for me as I try to deal with everything. It's very discouraging and disheartening.

Okay, so basically, PRAY FOR ME! Thanks so much.

6 comments:

Maria said...

HOLY MOLY 30 HOUSES!!!! I have never showed that many in such a small window. Hope you find what you are looking for. Sorry about your mom. So sad.

Kathryn said...

Lots of good thoughts for safe travels and a good week for your boys. Your Dad is a trooper! So sorry about your Mom, but am glad that you'll be a little closer to home now. Good luck with the house search!

Robin said...

Your dad sounds awesome. And of course your boys will be more FUN for him than anything, I'm sure. Enjoy your time away (even if you are SUPER busy finding your next home).

Will be praying,
Robin

Maria said...

I will be thinking of you this week. Keep us posted.

Sara said...

You've probably already left by now, but I'll be prayerful for a good trip and house hunting.

Cara said...

Hope you are having good weather while you travel. Be safe! Praying you find the perfect house for your family.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?