Sunday, August 3, 2008

Faith Healing

Last night Alec stumbled over the edge of the bathtub while he was getting out "all by myself." He smacked his bottom and inner thigh in a position that would make most men cringe. Shudder.

A few minutes later he was still crying and rubbing his bottom. I'd already kissed his head and cuddled him but the pain was apparently still there. I said, "Where is the owie, Alec?" He rolled over onto his tummy and showed me his cute little birthday suited butt. Sure enough it had a big ol' red mark on it.

Sniffling, he said, "Kiss it, Mommy." And so, naturally, I did.

And that was enough. The tears dried up, the wailing and gnashing of teeth dispersed. All was well with his world, and with his bottom.

I wish I had that kind of faith, that kind of belief in such simple healing.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are such a good mommy!!! The lessons we can learn from our children!!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?