Sunday, August 10, 2008

FINALLY!

So, last week I finally moved Alec into Zach's room and he's actually stayed there. I've tried this combining exercise two other times and it never has worked, for whatever reason. But finally my two boys are ready to share a bedroom. We dismantled the bunk beds and put them side by side so that Alec wouldn't be tempted to climb (very far up, up, up) into bed with Zach in the middle of the night. A couple of days ago I woke up early and poked my head in to check on them and they were both asleep on Alec's bed. Apparently Alec had called for me in the middle of the night, but before I heard him Zach just scooted into his bed and they happily went back to sleep. I'm deeply satisfied with this new arrangement. "Why?" You may be asking. "Why, dear friend Andrea, why are you so happy that they are sharing a room?"

Well, since you asked:
I GET TO HAVE AN OFFICE! No more grading research papers at the kitchen table! No more lesson planning/scrapbooking/whatevering at the kitchen table. I'm completely and totally thrilled with this idea. My plan is to get it changed over into office space within the next three weeks. I'm already searching out furniture and have found a couple of interesting items at an antique/junk store downtown.

Yay! Finally!

3 comments:

Cara said...

Yay for a new office with vintage furniture! My boys have to share a room. They "joined forces" long before Brylee was born so Austin didn't feel like he was being booted out. We have bunk beds, but so far so good...no injuries yet!

Sara said...

I love that Zachary got into the bed with Alec..that is just so precious! What a sweet brother.

Kathryn said...

Yay! It will be really great to have some space to write and think and plan.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?