Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tonsils: Not an F word but a bad word to us.


Zachary will be having his tonsils removed tomorrow morning. We're supposed to check in at 6:30 a.m. at the Bremerton Naval Hospital. I think we're all doing pretty well managing any anxiety about it. Zachary's primary worry seems to be that he'll be missing school. He doesn't want to miss any school and he doesn't want to be away from his friends. These two issues head his short list of concerns, and that's a good thing. I was afraid that he would really worry about it.
Thankfully we have had two really great pre-op appointments with some great doctors and nurses that made the effort to relate to Zachary on his level. I appreciate that very much. Zachary has been encouraged to bring in any comfort items (special sleeping buddy or blanket) and the O.R. nurse suggested that he just wear his pjs so he'd be comfy coming in and going home.
We'll appreciate your prayers for Zach!

1 comment:

Cara said...

We'll be praying here!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?