Friday, May 23, 2008

First Class Petty Officer Mike Bishop

First class husband, father, friend, and now... First Class Petty Officer.


Petty Officer First Class is the sixth enlisted rank in the U.S. Navy, just above Petty Officer Second Class and below Chief Petty Officer. Mike was informed yesterday that he is to be promoted to this rank in a few weeks. This is a high achievement for him, and I'm extremely proud! Of course, higher rank means more desk job responsibilities and he's not too thrilled with that idea. He just wants to play music. He would probably be the most happy with the lowliest of the low in the rank as long as he could play guitar all day. :-)
















4 comments:

Sara said...

YAY Mike!!! You are having way too much fun with the blogger templates. Everytime I read your blog, you have a new set up!!

Andrea said...

Yeah, I like to switch things up. Keeps me happy. I think I would rearrange my house about once a week if my furniture was easier to move. :-)

Cara said...

Congratulations, Mike!

Lara said...

Congrats, Mike!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?