Monday, May 19, 2008

Fractious-- adj. meaning irritable & complaining


Fractious.


What do you get when you have a seven year old boy with a really sore throat who has been stuck at home for the past five days with a little brother who is constantly clamoring for his attention? A fractious boy.


What do you get when you have a 30ish mom who's been stuck at home for the past five days with forenamed seven-year-old boy and his little brother? A FRANTICALLY FRACTIOUS MOM.


Yikes, who knew keeping a three year old in perfect health and a seven year old in not-so-perfect healthy would be so... frustratingly fierce. (I'm trying to make up for my lack of F-words in my past couple of posts. Are you appreciating this?)


We've watched a frightening number of movies, we've painted/colored/drawn an obscene amount of pictures, we've read, we've cried, we've played, we've sobbed... and yet we still have at least three or four more days of recovery. Zachary still needs pain meds on a regular schedule just to manage the ouch.


So my question is: What do we do today? How can we bring about peace and harmony to this fractious family? Any suggestions?


6 comments:

Lara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lara said...

the sipping of the liquid motrin for kids--letting it slowly glide down the back of the throat helps a LOT

Sara said...

A car trip to get ice cream or slushy, dollar movie or a fierce game of Candyland??

Cara said...

Do either of your boys have a "webkins"? Both my boys do and they play together on the computer playing games, setting up their "houses" and feeding them. Also, hide and seek in the house is fun. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. I pray these next few days fly by!

Andrea said...

Thanks for all of the fantastic ideas, dear friends!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?