Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day

Wow. It just doesn't seem possible. I'm the mother of a 5th grader and a 1st grader. How can my little Zachy be 10 years old and in his last year of elementary school?! How can my baby already be in first grade?!

Every year when I take their first day of school pictures they show me their grades by holding up that many fingers. Alec was excited this morning because he got to hold up a 1. Kingergarten and preschool were kind of difficult to illustrate. And this is the customary "show me your backpack" picture. I love to do these because some day Alec will not be that much shorter than his big brother!



Zachary was out of the car and down the sidewalk in a flash. He did NOT want me walking him in today.




Thankfully Alec was completely fine with Mom walking him in and taking pictures. This is his new teacher Mrs. Potts.



And here's my baby ready for his first day of first grade.




Prayers for a year of knowledge, friends, and blessings!

No comments:

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?