Thursday, August 4, 2011

Father Fright



My dad is scaring me.



He is not doing very well right now. I worry about him constantly, and I deal with guilt for not being closer to home. He's having problems with his kidneys, which is not a new thing, but it is a chronic, debilitating thing. He's in stage 4 renal failure, and since there are only 5 stages and the last one is the "it's time for a transplant or daily dialysis treatments," stage 4 is bad enough. He's also having heart troubles. He's been diagnosed with congestive heart failure, and we've learned that his heart is only pumping about 30% of the blood in his body out of his heart.



This is an interesting fact because his body is chronically anemic. He's currently admitted to the hospital in Pauls Valley getting a blood transfusion because he was at least two units short of blood. They may actually put more than two units in him tonight.



He has an angioplasty scheduled in two weeks. I'm hoping and praying that this procedure will provide us with some solutions to get my dad back on his feet. I need him healthy and strong. He's only 64 years old! Please keep him in your prayers. I can't lose him too.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Praying for him daily. I know it is tough being so far away from him.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?