Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Fun Weekend



Last year we began the first annual "Weekend of Fun" before school started back. This past weekend was our second annual family fun weekend. We decided to visit the River Park on Mud Island on Saturday morning.


Riding the monorail was pretty cool. It was neat seeing the Pyramid and the Mississippi Bridge from that viewpoint.




The riverwalk itself was pretty disappointing. It was extremely dirty, mucky, yucky. There was even a dead bird just lying on the concrete beside the "river." Thankfully, the view, the paddleboats, and the museum salvaged the visit.







The boys LOVED the paddleboats.





My boys are getting so big. I cannot believe that Zach is a 5th grader and Alec is already in 1st grade. It's a cliche, but so true that time goes by far too quickly.







My favorite part of the weekend was dinner at the Melting Pot. I always enjoy this dining experience. I mean, HellOOO, chocolate fondue! The boys got excited when the fondue pot started to steam.











Other activities this weekend were Build a Bear (for Alec) and Harry Potter 7.2 (for Zach). We ate great food all weekend, which was fun because we've all been eating very healthy for the past month. The boys were excited about donuts on Saturday morning because it had been ages since I'd allowed that indulgence. I'm getting us back on the healthy eating today, but the weekend's food was certainly fun.


It will be fun to continue this tradition each year. I know the activities will change as our boys grow and develop into young men. I'm sure Build a Bear will not be a "cool" activity for much longer, and I'm not sure how long Harry Potter will be THE obsession for Zach. I just want to cherish each stage of their lives because I know I'll be sending them off to college before I'm ready!

No comments:

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?