Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Feelings

So today is the third day of school, which means this morning was the third morning of waking up at 6:45. It didn't go so well. Here's the irony. All summer long, on days when no one HAD to be awake by any certain time, Alec-the-stinker was in my room stage-whispering "CAN I WAKE UP NOW?" by 6:30 or 6:45. Every morning. In a super happy mood. Since school has started? Not so much.

This morning while he was eating his happiest breakfast - the one that is almost a surefire guarantee to put a smile on his face -- Frosted Flakes, (I know, I'm a bad mom) he was STILL grumbling and grousing into those sugary flakes of goodness. So I told him, "Alec, time to go change out of those cranky pants and put on some happy ones."

His response? "I'm not wearing any pants. And these are NOT cranky undies." He took a moment to check out the undies in question and then said, "They are CAMO undies."

Feelings. It was a toss up between humored and frustrated, but that is a constant state of being in this household. I'm eternally humorously frustrated by my wacky children.

No comments:

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?