Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Frightful

What a frightful weekend. Alec came home from school last Wednesday with a tummy ache. That turned into a Thursday and Friday of stomach bug. He was feeling better on Saturday so we all dressed up and went to our church's Trunk or Treat. Alec was still pretty low-key and only wanted to go to about 5 or 6 "trunks" before sitting with Mike and me and handing out candy. Zach had a ball with his buddies Zach M. and Tyler, all of whom were dressed as Harry Potter characters. I'm glad Zach enjoyed the Trunk or Treat, because a few hours later (at 12:45 a.m.) he started vomiting. Bless his heart, Zach had the bug much worse than his little brother. He was in seriously bad shape all of Sunday and the better part of Monday. My house and its creature comforts were also greatly affected by this virus. I am still doing laundry. After almost a week of sickness, I do believe that every blanket, sheet, and pajama item in my house has been or will be washed.

Thankfully though, we did get a few pictures of Halloweeny things!

My little "man-bat" (as he calls himself) with Harry Potter:


Mike went as Popeye for Halloween. Didn't take much to complete his costume.


Molly and I both went as black cats.

And this is Zachary with his two buddies Zach M. and Tyler. It really warms my heart to see these three boys together. I see future Harding University roomies!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Man-bat--how hilarious! Z looks so cute as Harry Potter. Glad the sickies are gone!

Yasmim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?