Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall at the Farm

The boys and I enjoyed a quick trip to Oklahoma early in the week. They've had an entire week of fall break, so we took advantage of the time and headed to Wynnewood. My guys love going to Wynnewood. It's so funny to me because as a teen I couldn't wait to leave Wynnewood. Alec says it's the best place on the whole earth though. I'm thinking it's because he's spoiled rotten by his Poppa. The cowboy atmosphere probably adds quite a lot to the mystique too. Nothing like an old trailer to play on.

Poppa Jim also never backs down from a Nerf gun challenge. He is, therefore, the king of kings in the boys' eyes.

Dad was in better shape than I was expecting on this visit. He had energy to do a lot of playing and he thoroughly enjoyed his grandboys.
We had one really good day with Mom. I went in one morning to feed her and started singing the old "Good Morning to You" song. When I said she looked like a monkey, she started to laugh. She laughed and made eye contact off and on all day. Alec told her some knock-knock jokes and she giggled like crazy. It was a good day. The next day was not so good, but I'm thankful for those moments of joy with her.











1 comment:

The Varner Family said...

Kids just love the country is what I have figured out! Glad you guys had a good visit!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?