Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fantastic Fourth Grade Fiction

My son is creative! Below is a sample of his writing. He's pretty awesome, right? This is 9 year old writing at its finest!

------------------

Yesterday morning in my backyard I was playing with my little brother Alec in the garden. Suddenly a force I can't name sucked me through the garden plants and straight into the past. When I got there I found myself in a forest next to an astonishing machine. It looked like a tube with numbers all along the sides and a time that looked like an alarm clock glowing from inside the tube.

I didn't know where I was so I went for a walk down into a valley. After awhile I figured out where I was. I was in the middle of a war! Unfortunately, it was World War I. I saw soldiers everywhere. They blended in with the trees because their uniforms were camouflaged. The men looked like they were in their mid-twenties. There was gunfire everywhere. It was indescribable. The gunfire sounded like bricks falling to a concrete floor. When the bombs fell I staggered and then fell down to the ground. I immediately got up and ran away. I went back to the weird looking machine. I got inside and dialed the numbers for October 13, 2010, the date and year I wanted to go back to.

When I pressed a button I looked out the window and saw a world of colors. When all of the excitement stopped I opened the door and there was Alec in the garden waiting for me. That's the end of my story.

3 comments:

The Varner Family said...

Amazing! That guy has got a bright future for sure!!!

Melissa Taylor said...

I'd love to have that fantastic fourth grade writer in my language arts class!

Robin said...

His mother's son, for sure!!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?