Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall Favorites

My favorite season of the year is most definitely fall. When I was a kid, fall meant football games with my family. My parents were both involved in the education system in a small Oklahoma town. Mom taught 2nd grade and Dad was a school administrator. They were both extremely involved in school events. Didn't matter if it was a 6th grade scrimmage, a band concert, or a State Final football game, we were usually there. I grew up in the stands and knew more about the game of football by the time I was seven than a lot of high school boys know when they are playing the game. I still love football and am pretty proud of the fact that I've converted my husband to the side of life that will yell at the television on a good Saturday afternoon.

Fall also means fragrance. I love the smell of the air when it is crisp and cool and just a bit dusty from the falling leaves. Yum. Love the smell of food baking in the oven, an oven that sat unused all summer because it heated the house too much to use it.

Fall also means fashion! It's finally time to pull out the hoodies and boots and warm socks. Today I'm wearing tights and boots and a sweater... I could not be happier. I know many women love summer clothes and showing off a good pedicure with fancy toes in their summer sandals. I admit that I enjoy such things, but if I had to choose, I'll always go with the cooler weather clothes!

I love fall!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love Fall too. I just wish the weather would stay cool!!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?