Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fourth Grade Fiction (again)

Here's another work of art by Zach. He cracks me up.


Birthday Party Blast

Early that morning I woke up with a start. It was my friend Austin's birthday party. I went over to my turtle in his tank and said, "Goodbye, Tommy." I went downstairs to get breakfast, the nourishment I needed. After breakfast, Mom grabbed her purse and took me to the party.

To my amazement, the party was at a turquoise building with a giant hamburger on top. Austin ran up and said, "Hey Zach, I was wondering when you would get here! Guess what. My mom had enough money to rent a rocket! We're going to Mars for my birthday party!."

Austin led me to a curtain and we went through it to find ourselves inside a rocket. First we started the engine. Then we blasted off. When we got there, we put on our spacesuits and entered a huge tower. Mars looked like a big red rock, but the tower was filled with aliens! An alien gobbled like a turkey when it spoke to me. I said, "Wow, this is amazing." We had a blast.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Your son is a wonderful writer for his age. I wish my daughters could be that creative. Has he entered any writing contests?

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?