Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Freewheeling

The boys and I leave for Oklahoma tomorrow. We'll be on the road for close to three weeks. We'll spend a week with my folks, then drive to Colorado for my brother-in-law's wedding. This is Mike's brother, Buddy. After the wedding we'll spend about a week in New Mexico at the family cabin in the Pecos Mountains.

Lots of traveling, lots of people to see, lots of memories to make. I'm having quite a bit of anxiety about how we'll find my mom. I know it will be bad, very bad. I'm just so heartbroken and so torn in my hopes and prayers about her. I just want her back, but at the same time I just want her at peace. It's really hard to pray when your heart and mind are not in sync.

So, prayers are coveted: that we will be safe, that we will make beautiful memories, that Mom will find peace.

I'm sure I'll have a lot to blog about when we return. Until then. . .

3 comments:

Sara said...

I'll be thinking about you and your travels! I know it will be fun for all of you. Always praying for my sissy!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

Praying for your trip and for your mother..

Robin said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings on your trip!

Robin

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?