Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Furry Friend

Ivan the dog, Mike's brother's constant companion and our favorite canine friend, died on Saturday. Ivan was a part of the Bishop family almost as long as I have been. Buddy adopted Ivan just a few months after Mike and I got married. He's been with us for every summer and every Christmas and every other visit in between for the past 12 and 1/2 years.

We were lucky enough to spend a week with Ivan at the family cabin in New Mexico. I'd like to think that he had a great week with us. I know we certainly enjoyed our last time with him. We hiked, played, snuggled, gave treats for tricks, and just enjoyed his lolling tongue smile. Ivan died just a day after we all left the cabin to go back home. Poor doggie. We miss him!






2 comments:

Sara said...

I am so sorry for Buddy and you guys too. That is sad. Did he get sick? It is so hard to lose a pet.

Andrea said...

Apparently his heart just stopped. He was old and had a great life!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?