Sunday, June 27, 2010

Freedom

Last night Mike played an early Independence Day concert in the little town of Atoka. The boys and I were able to go out and hear him play and enjoy some fireworks. Our friend Lindsay and her two cuties joined us for some good ol' fashioned small town Americana.


I was raised in a small town so I can fully appreciate the significance of a town gathering in which goats and fireworks are both welcomed.
Alec felt the need to chill.


Here's our little party of Navy band fans.



Zach is holding Miss Gentry, the apple of our collective eye in the Bishop household. We're all pretty smitten with her!


My husband has been playing for military bands for 17 years. He's a true professional who often plays in less than perfect conditions. I am always amazed by his talent. Plus, he just looks really CUTE in a uniform!



My beautiful boys.

2 comments:

The Varner Family said...

You have such a good looking family and that top photo with the whole band is so cool!

Sara said...

I have never heard Mike play---since we live closer now, I'd like to do that!!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?