Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Floaty, fanciful, free, forty-wink giving fix: HAMMOCK

I finally, FINALLY found my hammock. I've been wanting to put one in the backyard since I first saw this house, before we even owned it! I saw all of those awesome trees and thought, "Yep, this is the perfect backyard for a hammock." Last summer we got here too late in the season and all of the hammocks were gone from store shelves. I almost missed out on them again this year. I went to FOUR different places and finally found this one at Target. It was the last one in blue and red on the shelves. They had one in green and purple left too, but those colors don't match our house. Anyway, here we are, almost a year later, and my hammock dream has finally come to fruition.

The boys and I hung the hammock yesterday afternoon. They spent most of the day playing in it, and fighting over it. It was even a great place for a snack and a juice box.

For those of you who know my boys, you know they are HUGE Star Wars fans. They've named this half of the yard the "Wookie Forest" because it is shadier and the grass grows thicker and taller. They were very excited to have a new "base" in their Wookie Forest. I may have to put another hammock out there for myself. I'm afraid this one is going to get appropriated by smallish boys.

I love it!

2 comments:

Joy in the little things said...

Precious! Save a spot for me!

Robin said...

Ah, what a perfect spot for a mommy to read and rest. If the boys will ever get out. :) Makes me want one!!

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?