Thursday, October 8, 2009

Fundraisers

Okay, do you remember selling some ridiculous, completely unnecessary sort of fundraising item when you were in school? Popcorn? Gift wrap? Cookies? Weird kitchen gadgets? Yeah, not too exciting.

Brace yourself. I am THRILLED with Zach's fundraising items this year. He has two catalogs. One is coffee. No, I'm not thrilled about the coffee, but I do see the practicality of such an item. The other ~and much more exciting ~ catalog is (drum roll please) YANKEE CANDLES! I love Yankee Candles. Seriously, Mike buys me a Yankee Candle to celebrate each and every one of my 29th birthdays and to kick off each Christmas season. Love them. So, you can imagine how thrilled I am to be able to buy them from my son as a way to support his school!

I know, I'm easily excited. But seriously, last year we "sold" plastic kitchen gadgets. I felt so guilty for charging my dad $10 for a red rubber spatula. You know?

What are your kids/nieces/nephews selling this year?

1 comment:

Maria said...

I like Yankee candles too. Well my kids don't know, but as soon as I see the fund raiser packet come home, I throw it away! I hate selling dumb things to people that shouldn't be spending the money anyways. Is that bad?

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?