Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fabulous Favorites: Top 25 Kids' Books

Here is my list of "Must Have" books for kids ages three to five. Thanks for all of your input; you mentioned a few books that I haven't yet read. Now I'll be on the lookout for your favorites. I had to limit myself to 25, and that was not easy. Also there are many books that I consider to be a must for a children's library, but maybe not for this age bracket.


1) Goodnight Moon (Margaret Wise Brown)







2) Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (Bill Martin, Jr.)









3) Llama Llama Red Pajama (Anna Dewdney)



4) Harold and the Purple Crayon (Crocket Johnson)








5) Papa Please Get the Moon for Me (Eric Carle)




6) The Belly Button Book (Sandra Boynton)









7) Corduroy (Dan Freeman)







8) The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Eric Carle)






9) Guess How Much I Love You (Sam McBratney)









10) Time for Bed (Mem Fox)






11) No, David! (David Shannon)



12) Good Night, Gorilla (Peggy Rathman)







13) Not a Box (Antoinette Portis)



14) The Kissing Hand (Audrey Penn)





15) The Napping House (Audrey Wood)





16) How Do Dinosaurs Say Good Night? (Jane Yolen)




17) Big Red Barn (Margaret Wise Brown)




18) Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus (Mo Willems)



19) Puff the Magic Dragon (Peter Yarrow)




20) Duck on a Bike (David Shannon)






21) Owen (Kevin Henkes)





22) Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Judith Viorst)



23) Harry the Dirty Dog (Gene Zion)


24) Curious George and the Dump Truck (H.A. Rey)







25) If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (Laura Numeroff)

Well, what do you think? Anything else to add or anything on here that your family doesn't like?

3 comments:

Maria said...

wow looks lilke you put a ton of time into that post! Some of those I love, others I haven't heard of...thanks for sharing and expanding our horizons :)

Maria said...

Thank you Sissy! Aidan loved your first two recommendations, so I know he will like these!!!

Robin said...

We love many of these (Goodnight Moon, Harry the Dirty Dog, Curious George, The Napping House, Corduroy, and The Belly Button Book to name a few) but there were several we haven't read, as well. Thanks so much!

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?