Monday, October 5, 2009

Friends, furniture, fraternity

Wow, so I've been a major slacker on my blogging lately. Apparently working two jobs, being a mom of two boys, and a wife to a super guy is a bit time consuming? Seems to be.

Anyway, I'm going to try to do a quick catch-up today. Pardon the random thoughts here.

First of all, my college roomies from Harding came over for a girls-only weekend. Cara, Sara, Maria, and I had a great time catching up with one another. While we were getting pedicures (ah, yes), the lady doing my toes asked how long we'd all been friends. I gasped just a bit as I realized the answer was about 16 years! What a blessing though, right?


We giggled, talked, slept late, ate out (a lot!), shopped, and just completely enjoyed our time together.


In addition to my friend weekend, I am also happy to report the purchase of new living room furniture! I now own the most absolute best "napping couch." It seriously is comfy and I like how it breaks up our oversized living room.







Of course, no post is complete without an update on my boys. Alec is actually home sick today. He's got a low-grade fever and a really runny nose. He's been curled up on the awesome new couch pretty much all day. Hmmm, maybe that's why I suddenly have time to blog! When he's not sick, he is completely LOVING preschool and has a new special buddy named Jack. Jack and Alec have had a couple of playdates and they seem to be really compatible buds.



Zach has good days and bad days with school. But I think (hope) that I'm seeing a trend in there being more good than bad. Yesterday, he actually auditioned for a speaking role in our church's Christmas musical. He seems to really enjoy doing that kind of thing, which I think it completely cool. Anyway, we won't know anything for another week or so, but I'm thinking he'll probably get a speaking part. He's just so dang cute!

Here are my boys in their school t-shirts!



7 comments:

Kathryn said...

What fun that you girls were able to get together for a weekend! Old friends are the best friends!

Sara said...

I had a great time being together. It was so fun and just like old times! BTW that picture makes me look preggo---NO I am not pregnant!! See why I want a tummy tuck!! HA!

I do love your new couch..it is perfect for the space.

Andrea said...

Sara, you look great. You always have been beautiful and you always will be beautiful. ALWAYS.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria said...

love the couch and such cute pics of your boys!

The Varner Family said...

The couch looks perfect and oh so comfy! Glad you enjoyed a girls weekend!

Robin said...

Glad you're back! What a fun-filled friend weekend...an awesome blessing to still be close with your roomies from HU. Go Bisons. :)

Love the couch. But I REALLY love the photos framed above it. Really neat.

The boys are adorable as always!

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?