Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fashion forward: Career Day

Yesterday was "Career Day" at Zach's school. He was supposed to come dressed up in the attire of the profession of his choice. Zach wanted to dress in a Navy uniform. He says he wants to fly Navy airplanes when he's grown up. So, Mike brought home his everyday jumper uniform. Zach thought it was completely awesome that he was wearing a uniform that said "US Navy" on one side of his chest and "Bishop" on the other side. He was super excited when he left for school. He was still excited when he came back home.




Zach and Daddy
Of course, Alec had to get in on the picture taking action.

5 comments:

Maria said...

How cute is that!

Kathryn said...

Love your little Navy man!

Re, Still Alice: I thought about you several times when I was reading the book, actually. I think you could read it and relate to it very well -- it's a little heart-wrenching at times, but very gently takes Alice from a functional role to one that is a little less so. There's a lot of family in the book, especially how she deals with her spouse and kids, which you would understand. It'll hit close to home, but sometimes that can be a good thing. :)

Sara said...

I bet Z was proud to wear his daddy's uniform! Neat idea!

Still Alice is one of my favorite books. Agree with everything Kathryn said.

The Varner Family said...

Those pictures are precious. There is so much pride in both of their eyes! Just Love it!

Robin said...

Adorable. So cute that your boys obviously idolize their daddy!

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?