Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Update and Fancy Alphabet

Quick update on Zach's first day of school. Yesterday, when I picked him up and asked how things went, he grinned at me and said, "Great!" I was so relieved to see that smile and hear his answer. Apparently there were two cool guys in his class that are now his friends, though he doesn't know their names. And when I asked him about any cute girls in his class he grinned again and said that there were THREE cute girls and he even remembered that one of them was named Nicole. I find it interesting that he remembers the girl's name, don't you? His only complaint was that they only had one recess and it was at the end of the day. That is kind of a bummer. To celebrate a successful first day we took him out for pizza and games at the local Stevi B's.






On to the fancy alphabet. The boys painted the letters of their names and today I did a bit of decorating in their room. A few days ago I asked Mike to remove the old wooden doors to the boys' closet because they kept sticking and/or completely coming off of their rollers. Anyway, we replaced the doors with curtains on a tension rod. I think it looks cute and it is much easier for the boys to get in and out of there. Eventually I want to repaint their room but that task is near the bottom of the to-do list.

Here is Alec painting. He was very serious about this job.


















This is Oliver's favorite daytime spot. He alternates between bird-watching, squirrel-watching, and cat-napping.


3 comments:

Kathryn said...

So happy to hear about a great first day of school! Better watch out for that little Casanova! The question is whether or not the little girls remembered Zach's name. :)

Love the boys' room and your creative curtain idea!

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

I am so happy it is going well!!!!

Robin said...

Love the names on the wall. Such a great idea...and I like the curtain, too. Definitely keep us updated on your house accomplishments...it's so fun to see what others are busy doing while I am sitting on my butt nursing an infant all day. :)

RAK

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?