Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fast turn around

I know most of you already know that on Tuesday evening I was contacted by Southwest Tennessee Community College for a job interview. My interview the next morning went exceedingly well and I was offered a job teaching in their developmental writing program. I was offered two or three classes, I only accepted one. I am already committed to teaching the homeschool co-op writing class that meets on Tuesday mornings and I just didn't want to accept more than I could easily handle.

Tomorrow afternoon I will head back to SWTCC and sign all of the official documents and receive the textbooks and syllubus that goes with the class. I'll have Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday to familiarize myself with the books and the material and then we'll be off and running on Monday morning.

The amazing thing with this class is that it meets from 10:50 to 12:20 on Monday and Wednesday mornings. Alec is in preschool from 9:30 to 2:30 on Monday, Wed., and Friday. The schedule should give me time to drop Zach, then Alec at school. Drive over to the campus and make any necessary copies/transparencies/etc. before heading to class. After class I should be able to squeeze in my workout time at Curves before heading back to pick up the boys. I'm very thankful for this. I am committed to working out 3 or 4 times each week (without children nearby) and this schedule will allow for that.

I want to thank everyone for prayers and advice after the last post. I'm still not feeling 100% me, but I think that once our routine becomes more established I'll start feeling better. I'm such a stickler for routine! I feel so lost without one.

Anyway, that's what has happened here in the last couple of days. God works pretty quickly at times, doesn't He?

5 comments:

Maria said...

that is great about the job, sounds too good to be true! I guess that's how God works sometimes! I could use prayers...I have a couple houses pending, but they won't close until end of Sept. at the earliest. So looking like Sept. we'll be short income. Hoping Jon's paycheck will magically stretch to cover more than it usually does.

Sara said...

All I can say is God is listening to our prayers. I'm really glad about your new job. I think it is a perfect match for you.

Maria said...

I am so excited for you and this job. It sounds perfect!!!!!

Cara said...

Congrats Andrea! I agree with you about the whole routine thing. I think I'm finally settling into our new one with me working full time again. Praying you get settled soon! Can't wait to see you in 5 weeks!

Robin said...

Congrats on the job...hope you totally love it and meet some great people in the process. So glad your schedule is falling into place. And good for you for making time to work out. I want to do that soon...

Best wishes!
Robin

Good F words

Hey! Not all F words are bad. The best words in the world are family, fun, food, and fabulous! I'm challenging myself to expand my own appreciation of the fabulous F words out there. I'm starting a list of words that I'll eventually write about. Let me know if you think of another fun one.



Family ~ Father ~ Fast ~ Fanatic ~ Fanciest ~ Festive ~ Fanciful ~ Freedom ~ Friday ~ Flower ~ Flagrant ~ Fixable ~ Forceful ~ Forbidden ~ Foray ~ Foppish ~ Fledgling ~ Frappacino ... hmmm... maybe ?